Terms & Conditions of Hire
– We will deliver and set up the outdoor cinema at the agreed location on the agreed date.
– We will pack up and remove all equipment from your event location on the agreed date.
– We will do everything possible to ensure your cinema is set up at the agreed time and date, however we take no responsibility for delays out of our control such as road incidents.
DEPOSIT AND BOOKING:
– A $100 deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your event date (or 25% of the overall booking if booked with a bell tent).
– We accept credit cards (via Stripe) or direct deposit. We do not accept cash.
– We are unable to hold your event date until the deposit has been paid.
– All bookings are for one night unless agreed otherwise.
– We will issue you an invoice for payment once you accept our quote.
– If your booking is within 7 days, full payment is required at the time of booking.
– Final payment is due one week prior to your event.
– Payments not received within this timeframe may result in the cancellation of your booking.
CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULE:
– Cancellations at least 14 days prior to the event will be entitled to a refund of the $100 deposit.
– After that, the deposit will not be refunded, as it can be difficult to rebook at such short notice. Any other monies paid will be refunded.
– Cancellations within 48 hours of the event will have no monies refunded.
– Alternatively, we will happily hold the monies over for you to reschedule at a more suitable time.
In addition, the following applies:
– The cinema cannot be used in adverse weather (wind or rain). In such an event, we will discuss with you options such as moving it to an indoor or covered location, rescheduling to another day or cancelling with a refund.
– Our decision regarding weather is final and we reserve the right to cancel should we deem the weather unsuitable.
– No refund will be given should adverse weather occur unexpectedly once it has already been set up.
– We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time. In the unlikely event of this happening, a full refund will be made, however we will not accept responsibility or liability for losses or any other costs incurred as a result.
– Should your chosen location cancel your booking, no refund will be given by us. Please contact us if this happens and we may be able to assist in finding a new location.
– Refunds are not available if we arrive to set up and the location is unsuitable – for example, not enough space, not level, not clear etc.
– The cinema is not suitable for use in adverse weather. This includes wind and rain. Please see the cancellation policy above in regards to this.
– If adverse weather occurs unexpectedly once the cinema has been set up, you must immediately move all electrical equipment under shelter.
– Delivery is free within our standard delivery area, as shown on the map below.
– Delivery to the extended area incurs an extra $60 fee.
– We do not deliver beyond the extended zone.
– Before you confirm your cinema hire, please ensure you have enough space to comfortably fit the equipment:
– The standard screen is 3 metres long and 2.5 metres high. It can be slightly height-adjusted to fit under a roof if required. This screen comes on a metal frame.
– The large screen is 6 metres long and 4 metres high. It cannot be height-adjusted. This screen is inflatable and required power to keep it inflated.
– In addition, extra space is required on either space of the screens to tie ropes.
– Around 5 – 6 metres of space is required between the projector and the screen in order to have a large picture that fills the screen.
– You are responsible for ensuring the equipment fits in the space and no refunds will be provided if we cannot set up on arrival due to space constraints.
– Please ensure the area is clear and clean, free of lawn furniture, toys, animal droppings etc, with the space requirements as outlined above. We are unable to assist you with this on arrival.
– The screen can only be used after dark. A picture will not be visible during daylight hours. As we generally set the screen up during the day, there will be some slight adjustments for you to complete when dusk falls. We will provide thorough instructions and will be available via phone to assist you if needed.
– Power is required within 15m of the set up location.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
– The cinema area must remain a smoke-free and pet-free zone at all times.
– No naked flames (candles, firepits etc) are allowed around the cinema area.
– We strictly set up the cinema equipment and are not responsible for the safety of people or property. We assume no responsibility or liability for accidents, theft or damage caused during your event, unless it is proved that such an incident was caused by faulty material, workmanship or negligence on the part of the Business.
– Our decision is final in all matters relating to these Terms & Conditions of Hire.
What Our Customers are Saying
My Slumber Party created a fantastic party for my son's 10th birthday. He chose the Army theme and it just looked fantastic! It was delivered, set up and picked up efficiently and all the kids loved it.
My daughter and her friends can't stop talking about their unicorn sleepover party. The best part was that My Slumber Party set it all up and packed it all down in no time and I didn't have to lift a finger!
Thank you for the amazing and beautiful bohemian dream catcher theme. It was beautiful. We really appreciate the effort you went to, to deliver an amazing custom creation. Such a warm and friendly person, a pleasure to meet. I would highly recommend My Slumber Party in the future.